Monday, December 19, 2011

Thankful For The Rough Sea

Some days I find myself slipping back into the "doom and gloom era" of our ttc journey, but at those times I am usually reminded of how much I love and trust in God's sovereignty. I refocus myself on His provision. Without those "bad days" I would not have had days where I have grown spiritually. Without that pain I would not know the amazing truths that I have learned along the way. What are some of those truths?

  • God's plan is much better than anything I could ever come up with.
  • I am so broken... so in need of God's grace. And He wants me to cry out to Him at all times.
  • Nothing is about ME or my "wants", but God's glory alone.
  • Trusting in myself, my husband, medicine, etc. is pointless. I can trust in God alone and He will meet all of my needs.
  • LOVE others. All of God's covenant children are equal spiritually. No one person more righteous or more deserving than the other

As I look at this list of just a few of the truths that have been revealed to me how can I not be thankful for the struggle :) I want to know more, grow more, lean on God more!

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it.
Mark 8:34-35

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment