Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Busy Bee

I haven't had much blogging time lately due to a part-time job I recently obtained. And in a way I am thankful that I haven't had too much free time :)

I've always heard that an idle mind is a dangerous mind, and I am now a firm believer in that. I have been so busy with this new job that I have not had anytime at all to think about other things, i.e. Infertility :) I breeze by the baby section without so much as a second thought about it. That's not to say that I have stopped wanting to be a mother. But that "want" is not the driving force in my day lately.

So... What about when this temp job runs it's course in a couple of months, what will keep me busy then? Well this new epiphany has me reeling for what's next. And when this temp job runs out I may just get another part-time job :) And something else I will change is my daily alone time with God.

I strive to have that daily quiet time with the Lord, however somedays it gets away from me. But recently when I go to that quiet place with the lord I focus on growing our family. The lord knows my desires an I will continue to ask him to be with the concerns in my heart. However, I will change that quiet time's focus away from barren women of the bible and biblical motherhood to what God decides to reveal to me that day. After all, it is his glory that comes first.

So my goal is to keep busy in Christ; in his word, in his glory.

"May you be strengthened with all power, according to His glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy," Colossians 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment