Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How has this trial changed me?



It is amazing how infertility has had a positive affect on my life. As I share with other people it is hard to express my mixed emotions about our experiences. However, if it were not for this experience I would still be in the dark on so many truths I have recently learned.

It is so easy to spout out "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done." But do we really mean that every time? I know now that I did not mean that at all times. If the Lord's will was to take my husband from me would I really mean "Thy will be done." Or if he willed us into financial hardships, would I truly mean "Thy will be done." Now I know what that prayer means on an entirely new level. It means surrendering myself to God; submitting to Him alone. It means dying to myself everyday in order to live out the life He has called me to live.

The truth is if I had not had this trial in my life I may have never known what it means to trust in Christ. I pray daily that God will enrich my relationship with Him; bring me closer to Him. Although this storm may have not been what I would have picked to fufill that prayer, God knew that this would bring me into a closer relationship with him. In a way, my infertility struggle has been an answer to my prayers.

Count it all joy, my brothers,[a] when you meet trials(B) of various kinds, 3for you know that(C) the testing of your faith(D) produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be(E) perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
 5(F) If any of you lacks wisdom,(G) let him ask God,(H) who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6But(I) let him ask in faith,(J) with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like(K) a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8(L) he is a double-minded man,(M) unstable in all his ways.
James 1:2-8

No comments:

Post a Comment