Monday, September 5, 2011

Feeling At Peace in The Storm


I don't know what it is about the past few days; I just know that my mind has not been clouded with doubt or worry at all. Maybe it's because Mr. R is coming home, or maybe because my schedule is busy. I am not sure why this peaceful feeling is here, but I feel that the Holy Spirit is definitely at work in me.

I have found an outlet at church to serve, and I am very excited about it :) For so long I have put so much concentration into being a mother and how I would parent/raise my child to follow Christ, it is nice to have a purpose apart from "my plan" (even if it is a small one).

I have been looking into a missions trip that focuses on VBS in a foreign impoverished country. God does not leave all of the doors shut and I am so greatful for his Love and provision. I never gave thought to being a "spiritual mother" until recently; Someone who can set a godly example for a child.

I'll say it again and again, lol... God's plan is greater than I any plan I could ever dream up. I am only getting to see a small fraction of the beautiful picture He is painting.

I compare it to when I am painting a picture. When I first start it is just a rough sketch, then I start filling in the shadows and you start to see some shapes. But, the beauty of the painting is not revealed until the last few hours when the highlights and details are perfected. I know at the end of this their will be a masterpiece, God's masterpiece.

I will look ahead, with expectation, towards the plan He has for me. I will run after Him with all of my heart, because He is the only one that can give me this peace. God is great and He can do great things. I am indeed looking forward to His plan unfolding; whatever the plan may be.

Psalm 5:3 "In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."


I love the story of Jehoshphat and the Moabites and Ammonites. There he is facing an enourmous army and what does he do... He prayed, he declared a fast, and he praised God. He was powerless and so are we. Until we realize this we cannot really appreciate God's provision or surrender ourselves to Him.
2 Chron 20:12 "Our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”

I love the part "our eyes are on you." What does that mean to you?
To me, it means seeking God with all of your heart, being obedient and repenting when we fall short, turning to him before others, and trusting in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment