Sunday, June 26, 2011

Light Bulb!

Last night before falling asleep, I began to pray to the Lord; in the midst of my prayer I found myself almost negotiating with God to give me a child. I was explaining that "if only" he would bless me with a child I would give this child back to him. Thankfully, I caught myself before elaborating on my negotiations too much. I told myself "No, when the time is right God will give you a child." I then Prayed that the Lord help me to be patient, and forgive me for doubting in his plan for me. I prayed "Lord, please bless me with a child when the time is right for you, and it is your will. Help me to put my faith in you and to depend on you, rather than attempting to control things myself. Help me to realize that apart from you I am helpless. Peace is found only with you through your son Jesus Christ; all of your other blessings are but a brief interlude on the journey to you. If I am to concieve a child it will be for your glory alone, not for my own. Thank you Father for your comfort, provision, and guidance. I pray all these things in your son's name. Amen."

I will still continue to pray that our family will grow. However, I will pray these things for God's glory not my own satisfaction. Glory be to the almighty God. His love is immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment