Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's Not For Everybody

Well as you could imagine, like anyone who is having trouble concieving a child, adopting has ran through my mind a time or two. I am still not sure if adoption is in the plans for us; although, in the beginning the thought of adoption frightened me a bit.

The more I have learned about the love of God and showing others that same love the more those fears have faded. I used to hear other mothers say "you could never love anyone elses child like you love your own(biological), Nothing compares to having your own(biological) child." Those comments scared me at first.


After hearing those comments... You may be wondering why I would even be considering adopting. Well, contrary to what you may be thinking, it is not because we may have trouble having our own biological children. Yes, that did plant the thought and questions in my mind; however, I have come to grips with the reality that I may have no children at all. I know what a blessing my husband is, and how much we love each other and I can be joyful and content for the rest of my life with him. Instead, I think opening your home and heart to a child in need of a loving home and loving parents is truly an amazing example of God's love.

I also think that not everyone is meant to adopt. I think some of those comments about being unable to love someone elses child as your own are just specific to those individuals. They are just opinions from their own experiences. I believe some are more capable of adopting than others. The reality is IT'S NOT FOR EVERYONE. So not everyone will understand.

I am still very unclear as to if I am one of those people that have that heart for adopting. But I do know that I have a deep desire to parent. God has given me this desire. Although I am not sure the plan God has for me, I trust that our family will grow for his glory.

"You are the helper of the fatherless. LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, To do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more."
Psalms 10:14,17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment